Answers to your questions
What should I include in my portfolio?
The jury provides an Admission Guide that you must read carefully. This Guide provides information for:
- written tests (duration and content)
- the interview (duration)
- the portfolio to be prepared and presented
- reading tips, films, sites... to reinforce your general cultural awareness (and which will be the subject of questions during the written tests or the interview)
Find details in the Admission Guide available on each course page.
Is it possible to look at previous year's admissions tests?There are no past papers for ISART Digital entrance tests. Admissions Guides are available on each Course Pages to help you prepare for the entrance papers.
When are the results of the admission tests available?
We email results individually to each candidate within one week of the end of the written tests. There will be three possible answers:
- candidate's application accepted. You will need to accept your offer of admission and complete the enrollment process within the given deadline
- candidate's application waitlisted: depending on your rank on the waiting list, the school will come back to you if a place becomes available
- candidate's application rejected: unfortunately, the results of your tests are insufficient to enter the school.
What level of English is required?
A minimum English level is required for non-native speakers:
- TOEIC 785
- IELTS 6.5
- TOEFL 550
- TOEFL iBT 80
- Completion of four years of high school or post-secondary education where the primary language of instruction is English
What do the written tests consist of?
The content of the tests varies according to the course of study. Details are given in the Admission Guide available on each course page.
Can I directly enter an upper-level year?
Admission to higher years is possible for the following courses:
- Game Programming
- 3D Cinema
- Game Art
- Tech Game Art
- 3D Film
- Music & Sound Design
What are the selection criteria used by the jury?
The jury's decision is based on your motivation and the results of the admission tests (interview + portfolio and/or written tests and/or other documents according to the course concerned). These assessment elements provide a very clear view of each candidate's profile.
How long do the admission tests last?
The duration of the tests varies according to the course of study. Details are given in the Admission Guide available on each course page.
What are ISART's admissions statistics?
One out of three applicants is selected following the admissions tests.
What is the cost of the admission tests?
Admission tests are free of charge.
Until when can I register for the admission tests?
The registration deadlines are :
- February 12, 2021 for Montreal, until 11am
- February 26, 2021 for Paris, until 11am
How can I register for the admission tests?
Register in 2 steps:
- Preregister with the "Admissions" form
- The school will then contact you to arrange a meeting date.
What diploma is required to apply to ISART DIGITAL?
Students must present the national diploma that attests to the completion of high school (A-Levels/High School Diploma).
How much does it cost to attend ISART DIGITAL?More information under the Fees & Financing tab
How do I find housing in Montreal?
ISART provides students with a housing sheet with housing advice, addresses of student residences and websites to consult.
How do I find housing in Paris?
ISART provides students with an accommodation sheet containing all possible options. This accommodation form is available on your personal space at myisart.com as soon as your application is accepted. The options are:
- housing in Montreuil with rooms available at the beginning of each school year
- partnerships with university residences close to the school
- a private Facebook group "Colocation" (meaning "apartment-sharing") which helps students in the search for ISART Digital roommates.
How do I register?
Simply go to the dedicated "admissions" section and complete and return the registration form with the required details and your payment.
Are there any prerequisites?
No, these short courses are intended for beginners
What is the age requirement for Summer School (Paris) and Creative Camps (Montreal)?
Summer School (Paris) is a short one or two week summer program for teenagers between 14 and 18 years old.
Creative Camps (Montreal) are open to 12-17 year olds.