Manage the production of video games
Selection in the Admissions Test
Employment rate of last three graduate classes
Students satisfied with their course (2020/2021 years)
BECOME A VIDEO GAME PRODUCER
HOW DO I BECOME A VIDEO GAME PRODUCER?ISART's Video Game Producer degree course prepares students for Video Game Project Management. In one year, students deepen their knowledge of the video game industry, its professions and its challenges. They acquire the managerial and methodological skills to support a development team in the production of a video game and coordinate the various stakeholders. They master the production chain, from the initial idea (pitch, concept) to the final marketing (data, marketing, communication, monetization, financing) through all the production phases (concept, pre-production, production, debugging...).
WHAT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES ARE OPEN TO ME?This video game training prepares students for the jobs of video game management: Associate Producer | Producer | Project Manager | Line Producer | Executive Producer | Product Owner | Lead in a video game profession
ENTRY REQUIREMENTSTo join our video game school and the Master Producer course, the candidate must have between 3 or 5 years of higher education. The admission tests consist of an interview and a written test. It is possible to present a portfolio (optional). All details are given in the Admissions Guide.
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF THE PRODUCER TRAINING?Acquire the managerial and methodological skills to support a development team in the production of a video game and coordinate the various stakeholders:
- Master the production chain of a video game, from the initial idea (pitch, concept) to the final marketing (date, marketing, communication, monetization, financing)
- Master all production phases: concept, pre-production, production, debug, etc.
WHAT SKILLS WILL I ACQUIRE ON THE COURSE?
- Keep abreast of the video game market, technologies, industry, trends and products.
- Perform a market analysis by benchmarking existing game production tools and processes.
- Participate in the definition of the product strategy based on the analysis of user data, performance indicators and current industry trends.
- Establish a production schedule
- Design the production environment for a game
- Coordinate and control all internal and external resources involved in the project's implementation
- Identify project risks by assessing their criticality
- Manage the video game quality assurance process
- Manage and animate a team in agile mode
- Support the development of team members' competencies
HOW AM I TAUGHT?
- Theoretical and practical teaching: lectures, application exercises, practical work, tutorials
- Production of projects: monitoring and supervision by teachers during the realization of projects (final major project)
HOW AM I ASSESSED?
- Continuous Assessment (case studies, simulations, presentations, demonstrations)
- Project presentations (final major project) in front of a school or professional jury
- Written and oral evaluations in English
- Professional experience report and presentation
IS THIS A WORK-STUDY PROGRAMME?The Producer training takes place over an average of three days at school and two days devoted to the development of professional experience (internship, short contracts, professional projects...).
WHAT QUALIFICATION WILL I GET?The Level 6 RNCP title "Producer / Video Game Project Manager" is delivered at the end of the studies, depending on the results obtained (Bachelor's degree). This diploma validates the acquisition of professional and social skills, professional integration and communication in English.
A project-oriented pedagogy
- 1 year
- Project Management
Planning | Agile development | Reporting | Risk assessments | Knowledge of the project development cycle| Business perspective on the project
Team organization | Conflict resolution | Managing changes | Debate and brainstorming management
- Introduction to the industry
Careers and stakeholders in the video game industry | Monitoring the industry | History of video games | Overview of video game marketing
- Active English
- Career Support
Presentation of work experience
Intercurricular Video Game Project
Presentation in front of a professional panel
- Internship / Professional Experience
At least 13 weeks over the course
WHAT STUDENTS AND COMPANIES SAY...
Registration for admission tests
The Admission Guide helps you to prepare your application and get ready for the written and/or oral tests
June 22th & July 11th, 2022